Tuesday 28 February 2012

But the string in my leg's gone!



Double photo madness!

To celebrate my triumphant return to this blog, I thought I'd feature two photos. Also, you can't really have one without the other - it'd be a joke without the punchline, plus the slight change in expression on Sterling Hayden's face is priceless.

This is of course, the classic Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964; dir: Kubrick) and the stupidly amusing scene in which a fabulously-accented and acted Lionel Mandrake is trapped in the office of Jack Ripper as he slowly descends into madness. Here we learn of his fear of contamination, an anxiety that extends even into some, ahem, withdrawal from members of the opposite sex...

This film also taught me a good excuse to get out of doing anything - simply exclaim that the string in your leg's broken and you simply can't stand up...

(apologies for the quality, it really couldn't be helped)

No comments:

Post a Comment