Monday 9 January 2012

Water Weight



For my first post back after a relative absence, I thought I would give you a vignette into my life today. Today my skinny jeans don't fit but I'm taking it on the chin and assuming they've shrunk in the wash. I'm eating a big bowl of supernoodles as I type to bolster my confidence...

I also chose this film - Mean Girls (2004, dir: Waters) - because I was discussing it with a group of my friends the other day and we decided that it is pretty superb. It may be a comedic look at power-play in female friendships but every point it makes is salient and everyone can empathise - every teenager has been bullied for their looks or behaviour but has then in turned thrown a snide remark at someone else for theirs.

I say every teenager and not every teen girl because this film does appeal to men too. A consensus of my male friends agree that it's not light, fluffy or "annoying" like so many so-called Women's Films can be - it shows how women think sometimes and may give the guys a clue as to why we fly off the handle at the slightest comment sometimes.

The cast is genius too and this film will definitely make you feel lucky you don't have the ability to make three-way phone calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment